Monday, July 31, 2006

A Contest

OK folks, at the risk of making this blog exclusively about motorcycles and scooters, I have an announcement to make: On Friday, I became the proud new owner of a Piaggio BV 250! In graphite black. I even took (and passed) the written test to obtain a learner's permit for a motorcycle license. Officially, I can now drive a motorcycle it is legal for me to drive a motorcycle. God help us all.

I get it on Wednesday over lunch and I am pee-my-pants excited. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I am having a contest to determine a personalized license plate for it. Here are the rules:

1. Send me an e-mail containing your suggestions by 5:00pm on Friday, August 4.

2. Per the State of Kansas: The plate can be no more than FIVE letters and/or numbers. Dashes and symbols are not acceptable; instead leave a blank space. Letters and/or numbers cannot be profane, vulgar, lewd or have an indecent meaning.

3. I would somehow like it to be related in some way to saving energy or gas or the environment or combating fat-cat oil companies. For example, when I thought it could be six letters, I was going to use "OZNSVR." But alas, my creative genius was once again stifled by the bureaucratic elite.

4. Assuming I even GET five, I will post the top five suggestions here for everyone to vote on. The winner will get a $25 gift certificate to an online retailer of their choosing and a link to my naked pics on Manhunt.net. OK, just kidding about the link--that goes to the losers.

5. Void wherever contests of the sort are illegal. Must be this tall to ride this ride, or over 18, whichever comes first. Contest winner may experience a temporary spike in fame; however, paparazzi not guaranteed.

Now get to work. And hurry. I'm impatient, ya know.

7 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Sorted Lives said...

I go for 1STUD

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger JoeL said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger David said...

I'm still working on a license plate, but do you think you could get a license plate frame that reads, "My other vehicle is an SUV"? : )

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds enticing. But forget the gift certificate. A link to naked photos of you would be a fantastic PRIZE!

Chris

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Who can compete with Daley (above)?

how about ...
CRUDE (double entendre -- as in oil, and your sense of humor)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I deleted Dale's comment because he put my full name in it (which I prefer not to advertise). Not to worry, though. I saved them.

And guys--the contest says SEND ME AN EMAIL. Are the directions that complicated? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home