Tuesday, August 09, 2005

100 Things About Me

Seems like this is obligatory for bloggers, so here it goes...

  1. I can put both feet behind my head.
  2. My eyes are green.
  3. My middle name is Wayne.
  4. I was born in Baytown, TX
  5. I lived in the same house from birth to the time I drove out of the driveway for college.
  6. Throughout my life my pets names were/are: Prissy, Happy, Toby, Kitty, Isabelle and now Casey.
  7. I have broken one bone in my lifetime--a stress fracture to my talus (ankle) bone. It still hurts me.
  8. I was selected to the All-American Water Polo team for 3 of the 4 years I played in high school.
  9. Famous hands I’ve shaken: Bill Clinton (twice), Willy Nelson
  10. I have a BBS from Iona College and a Master’s degree from Columbia University.
  11. My first car was a gold, 1985 Ford Tempo.
  12. I have had one significant relationship, about 5 years. Two others over one year.
  13. I absolutely HATE to vomit.
  14. My favorite sport to watch is tennis. Unless Michael Phelps is swimming, then it's swimming.
  15. Magazines I subscribe to: Vanity Fair, Metropolitan Home, Discover, Texas Monthly, Out, The Advocate.
  16. I never had braces for my teeth as a child, but recently straightened them with Invisalign.
  17. I wear a size 11 shoe.
  18. I have 5 nephews and one niece.
  19. I have played water polo at all of the military academies: West Point, Naval Academy, Air Force
  20. I can (or used to be able to) play all of the woodwind instruments.
  21. I do not have one single lesbian friend (at least that I know of).
  22. I have a foot fetish.
  23. I sleep mostly on my stomach.
  24. I have never been in a fist fight.
  25. Favorite places to shop: Home Depot, Target, Best Buy.
  26. I own five business suits, but hate to wear them.
  27. I have a Treo 650 PDA/cell phone/MP3 player/movie theater/GPS/video camera/etc.
  28. I dropped my Treo 650 off my motorcycle at about 90mph. It still worked.
  29. I watch the “Today Show” on NBC every morning.
  30. I do not play the lottery.
  31. I hate gambling.
  32. I wear contacts.
  33. Always briefs, never boxers.
  34. I have no tattoos.
  35. I have no piercings.
  36. I shave in the shower.
  37. I am seriously contemplating cosmetic dentistry.
  38. Cars I’ve owned: Ford Tempo, Acura Integra, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Jeep Cherokee Sport, Volvo S60, Volvo XC90
  39. I like to cook, but hate cooking just for me.
  40. I am lactose intolerant.
  41. I enjoy being alone.
  42. My favorite soft drink is Diet. Dr. Pepper. I drink enough of it every day to kill a small animal.
  43. I want to be cremated (after I die, of course).
  44. I have a will, and no, you're not getting a dime.
  45. I bought a laptop with Windows Vista. I promptly wiped it and reinstalled XP.
  46. My least favorite household chore: Folding Laundry.
  47. My favorite household chore: Cleaning the Kitchen.
  48. I do not believe in the existence of a supreme being (or even a moderately supreme being).
  49. I do not like to sing in front of other people, though I’m told I have a very good voice.
  50. I believe the likelihood of me having another long term relationship is about 50%.
  51. My signature dish: Lasagna.
  52. I would define my decorating style as Contemporary Comfortable.
  53. My idea of perfect happiness: being in a room with all my friends and family, talking about anything, with a extra-dirty Ketel One martini in hand.
  54. Person I most admire: my father.
  55. Person I most despise: Kathy Lee Gifford, followed closely by George W. Bush.
  56. I have emptied a full clip from a SIG Sauer 9mm pistol without missing the target.
  57. Whenever I can, I take a nap on the weekends.
  58. States I’ve never visited: Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota, Indiana, Montana, Idaho, Maine, Vermont, Wisconsin
  59. I almost never have nightmares.
  60. If I could have any talent, it would be: The ability to draw.
  61. I cut my own hair.
  62. I have never plucked my eyebrows.
  63. I let my dog sleep in the bed with me.
  64. Besides the dining room, there is a TV in every room of my house (including my bathroom).
  65. I have an older half-brother (9 years) and an older half-sister (7 years).
  66. All of my grandparents are deceased.
  67. The only foreign country I have visited: Mexico.
  68. Where I’d go if I did visit a foreign country: Greece, London, Paris, South Africa
  69. I think it’s funny when I fart.
  70. I think it’s disgusting when other people fart.
  71. My favorite pastimes are: working on my house, playing with my dog, watching movies, having friends over for a BBQ, chatting online, reading
  72. I have written two articles that were published in national healthcare magazines.
  73. Most important physical attribute(s) in a partner: teeth and hands.
  74. States in which I’ve been cited for speeding: Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Missouri, Oklahoma, Delaware, Massachusetts
  75. I enjoy public speaking.
  76. I once hiked/camped for five nights on the Appalachian Trail.
  77. I own my own bowling ball and shoes but haven't used them in over 10 years.
  78. I hate to iron.
  79. Word I most overuse: “actually”
  80. In college, I taught over 200 American Red Cross classes.
  81. I love snow.
  82. My favorite late night personality: Conan O’Brien
  83. I spend most of my working day in front of a computer or on the phone.
  84. I like the majority of my co-workers.
  85. My biggest pet peeve: double negatives
  86. I am a fairly decent water skier.
  87. Favorite bad-for-you snack: My mother’s homemade chocolate chip cookies.
  88. I have never eaten at Long John Silver’s. And never will, just to keep my streak alive.
  89. I have played ball with my dog, Casey, every day, twice a day for 3 1/2 years without interruption. Not once.
  90. I have never had a close friend die.
  91. I hate driving my car.
  92. I have absolutely no interest in anime, video games or fantasy role playing.
  93. My favorite author is Augusten Burroughs.
  94. I’ve been told I’m a good listener.
  95. I don’t like beer.
  96. Favorite childhood memory: My Dad surprising me with a new go-cart.
  97. I am the last (and only) male that carries my family’s name (my brother has a different father).
  98. I love to fish.
  99. I know the words to almost all of Jimmy Buffett’s songs.
  100. If I could do it all over again, I’d be a: network news anchor. Back to you, Katie…

5 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting. You should have told me about the dirty martinis. I didn't have your brand on Christmas eve, but we could have limped through with Belvedere or Grey Goose. I've never plucked either. - bubba

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

I recommend visiting Madison if you ever make it to Wisconsin. I love it here!

As a native Texan . . . have you been to Houston? What do you think of it? I'm moving there in July. I went to college in Waco, my parents live in San Antonio, and I've spent a lot of time in DFW and Austin, but I'm not too familiar with Houston.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary,

Even after all these years, I still knew how you would answer about 50% of those questions....

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, the dog's are cute, perhaps we will run into one another at dog park. I'll have the the two older statesmen(Lucky and Chewy). I look forward to that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home