Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Rain, rain go away

I am absolutely SICK of rain. It has rained 13 of the last 15 days here in Kansas City, and it's supposed to rain through the end of the week. Aside from giving a refreshing splash of life to our environment and maybe something nice to fall asleep to, rain poses significant hardship on my lifestyle. These are some of the things I can't do when it's raining:

Mow the lawn.
Grill.
Take the dog to the park.
Take the dog for a walk.
Get the dog to pee (easily).
Get the dog to poop (easily).
Keep my car clean.
Get dressed without sweating profusely from the humidity.
Sit out on my deck.
Open the sunroof.
Run around naked in the back yard.
Run around naked in the front yard.
Keep from killing someone who says "We sure do need this rain."
Wear sandals (comfortably).
Go to the pool.
Stay awake for long periods of time (I get sleepy when it rains).

Alas, I'll put up with it since I have no other choice. But I'm SICK of holding an umbrella over a finnicky Beagle at 6am just so he doesn't pee in the house. Damn you, mother nature! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home