Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weekend, Wasted at Laguna Beach

And no, not the good kind of wasted... This would be the kind where I slept 13-14 hours every night, then proceeded to watch movies and binge on Nutter Butters. Other than sticking steadfastly to Casey's feeding, excersizing, walking, playing and pooping regime, I pretty much sat on my ass. I did do a little bit of laundry folding, and while doing so, I got stuck on MTV. Specifically, Laguna Beach ("The REAL OC"). I'm not exactly sure why I'm so fascinated by these spoiled teenaged idiots, but I decidedly am. In one 4 hour marathon, I learned all about the kids of LB:

Kristin - the gorgeous blond that treats boys like boys treat girls (and knows it)
Jason - the hot-but-hairy cherub with a fantastic smile (and knows it) who treats girls like shit
Jessica - the codependent that obesses over Jason
Stephen - the confident and totally adorable college freshman that swoops back into town to revitalize his manhood
Talan - pimple-faced hotty with a good heart and a big libido

And then there was Alex, several Laurens', and a variety of other wanna-bes who were just not quite cute enough or funny enough or interesting enough or rich enough to be the main characters of the show. These kids really do have amazing lives in an MTV, surreal-life kind of way. They don't work. They don't go to school. Their parents are never around. They have unlimited access to cash, cars and parties. They have absolutely no worries execpt which blond bimbo is going to hook up with the next barely pubescent hot surfer boy. I think the reason I stuck to watching it--aside from the interesting eye candy--is that it's like [legally] peering into a totally and completely fabricatred, made-up, glamourized fantasy world I never knew as a teenager. I'm certain that this show's primary demographic is 30-something males that were never popular, were never good-looking, and had a boring if not downright pathetic teenage existence. The sad thing is that they got me hook, line and sinker.

Having said that, though... ohmygod, I SO want to live in Laguna Beach, I could just like, DIE.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger marrie said...

I got hooked on "The Practice" that way a couple years ago, only in my case the binge was on "Ding-Dongs" and Frito's with onion dip, you know the kind that you make with Lipton soup and sour cream? mmmm...now I want some Frito's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home