Friday, September 16, 2005

A.M. Frustrations

Most of my mornings start off without a hitch. But sometimes there are little things that I do to myself (not purposefully) that make me grumble. Here's a short list, by topic:

1. Coffee. I religiously set up the coffee pot to make a fresh pot of coffee in the morning. But sometimes I forget to press the "auto" button. I hate that. I appreciate that it only takes a couple minutes to brew a new one, but not having the wonderful scent of coffee waft up the stairs to lure me out of bed makes me grumpy. The only worse thing is that I think I hit the auto button, but actually hit the brew button, and then realize that I just made a fresh pot of coffee at 11pm.

2. Toothbrush. I'm a vigorous brusher. And I always brush my tongue. The combination of these two things sometimes causes me to gag myself. I do this WAY too often considering I should have brushed my teeth at least 20,000 times in my life [(age*365*2) - (newborn years and college)]. You'd think I'd learn there's no need to brush that dangling thing in the back of my throat.

3. Alarm clock. Couple issues here. The worst is getting out of bed and going all the way downstairs and hearing the alarm remind me I've only hit 'snooze' and not 'off.' And don't think that I haven't been so lazy as to just eat breakfast with the damn thing buzzing over and over. I also hate when I forget to turn it off on Saturdays, especially when it goes off just a couple of hours after I've gone to bed. I also just hate the whole concept of waking up, so the alarm clock bears the brunt of my hostilities in that respect.

4. Shower. I recently remodeled my bathroom and now have a big, fancy walk-in shower that I absolutely love. So when it's nice, warm and steamy in the shower, I HATE having to get out for any reason. This includes, but not limited to: a) forgetting to hang the towel on the hook by the door; b) forgetting to turn on the exhaust fan; c) running out of shaving cream/shampoo/soap; and d) answering the phone (this I rarely do, unless it's someone I want to let know I'm completely naked).

5. Dressing. There are several things that can annoy me when I get dressed. First is humid/hot days where I must get dressed while sweating post-shower (even with the A/C on). I've been known to be late to work because of sitting in front of a fan to cool off. Of course, I've been known to be late to work for a whole bunch of reasons, but that's another post. Next is ironing a dark-colored shirt and having the bouncing fur-ball plop down right on top of it. But my most famous trick is getting completely dressed and then spilling something on myself. Especially if it's coffee on my last pair of clean jeans. I hate it when I have to just wear boxer shorts to the office.

Did I miss any?

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger SLP said...

Getting toothpaste on the shirt is never any fun either. I also hate when I realize that I am out of moisturizer of some other "necessary" morning product.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home