Friday, September 30, 2005

Camera Fun

Since I got the new phone, I've been pretty busy trying to set up all the functions and applications. It's amazing how many things that thing can do. It's also pretty amazing that I haven't yet thrown it out the friggin' window. For the types of things I want it to do (I'm a power gadget user), the instructions are seriously lacking, so I've been using the trial and error method. Think "restart" as the theme for the day.

I have been able to get the camera to work, though. And it's much better than my previous camera phone. The phone's even got a camcorder on it, but I haven't gotten far enough to try to get that figured out. Watch for something soon, though. Throughout the day I snapped a few interesting shots and thought I'd share them. Are you getting sick of these photo things? I'm kind of getting into it a little bit.

On the ride home, I picked up a hitch-hiker. This little fella rode all the way from the office to Target, including a 70+mph ride along Interstate 35. After his heroic ride, I rewarded him by gently flicking him into the bushes.

Then I stopped for gas. $3.09 a gallon. That makes me want to hurt someone. Almost fifty bucks to fill my tank. Unbelievable.

And since we're talking about critters, I found this poor fella hopping inches from the lawnmower in the back yard. Yup, I saved his little froggy life. I briefly considered kissing him thinking that he might turn into a hot prince, but then I figured all I'd do with a hot prince these days is ask him to finish mowing the lawn.

After my outdoor chores, I thought I'd take a few pictures inside to see how the camera did with indoor light. The one below is of my dining room table. Please ignore the stacks of unread mail.


And this is the living room. I thought the camera picked up the colors in the rug nicely. And I hate the stupid chair on the left. It was one of those "friend" gifts that I put in there the first week I moved in the house. I think we should revisit that.



And finally, a quick stop to the bookstore garnished the evening with a new book, "The Devil in the White City." I have no idea why I felt compelled to take this shot. Maybe because I think the cover looks cool. The book is set in 1893 Chicago during the World's Fair and juxtaposes two key characters--the architect of the Fair and a serial killer running amok. I love historical fiction, so it should be good.


Time for bed now. I've got people coming over tomorrow evening for a little pre-bar, so I've got to get all my laundry and house stuff done during the day, as Sunday will likely be a "recovery" day. Who knows, you may even see a few more pics. And if I get lucky you're lucky, maybe a video!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home