Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Random Thoughts 2

--I can’t figure out my f*ucking DVR. It’s always about 5 seconds behind my other TVs and it is driving me absolutely nuts. When I press "Live" I expect it to be, um, "Live." But apparently, "Live" means "Kind of Live." If any of you expert DVR users have any advice, I’d love to hear it.

--It is 8:00pm and I’m getting ready for bed. Not because I’m tired, but because I have to get up at 4:30am to catch a flight to Louisville, KY. Under normal circumstances I would have been there tonight, but my travel lady couldn’t find me any places to stay. You think there are evacuees all the way up in Kentucky? Surely not. It’s probably an FFA convention.

--My schedule tomorrow:

6:40am – Flight leaves KC.
9:55am – Land in Louisville.
10:15am – Drive to meeting in downtown L-ville.
11:00am-1:00pm – Meet with people. Eat fatty food. And cookies.
1:15pm – Drive to L-ville offices to meet with one of my employees.
1:30pm–3:00pm – Meet with Tom. Hope there are cookies.
3:00pm – Walk around, say Hi to people I always talk to but never see.
3:15pm – Drive to airport.
4:00pm – Leave L-ville.
5:15pm – Land in Chicago.
6:48pm – Depart Chicago.

7:05pm - Arrive in KC.
7:30pm - Hitchhike to the terminal I departed from.
8:15pm - Arrive home.

--I think Casey rolled around in a dead animal in the backyard. He smells like ass. I don’t have time to give him a bath tonight. I guess I’ll smell like ass tonight, too. Wait. Are there dead animals in my backyard? Eww.

--Tonight on The Biggest Loser the men’s team got to call home and talk to their wives and families. I actually got a little sad watching that. Not for them, but for me. These guys were SO excited to talk to their wives--crying and getting really emotional. As I was watching, I realized there’s no one in my life with whom I would be THAT excited to talk. I wonder if that’s because I’ve developed a cold, bitter heart that doesn’t allow myself to feel or express emotion. If I had about $14,242.00 for therapy, I could probably figure that out.

--I got a call from D. tonight, which I admit I was happy about. He called to see if I had DVR’d Laguna Beach. Now seriously. Could you imagine a gayer question? I couldn’t decide what was funnier, the fact that he asked me that, or that fact that my answer was "of course I did." We made tentative plans for dinner later, but then his Mom invited him for dinner instead, so he had to cancel. The nerve of that woman! Doesn’t she know I have needs? Maybe Friday.

--I stayed up until midnight last night writing a response to an RFP. I didn’t have to, but I figured we needed to send something to our prospective client that remotely resembles our products and services. It’s amazing how people that have worked for our company for three or four years can’t articulate how our services solve various business problems. Or maybe it’s just that that RFP responses require more than 10 brain cells to complete. Ugh.

--I've got to do something about Casey. He's so stinky. "Come here, boy. Pull Daddy's finger."


--Did I mention I'm not a morning person? Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home