Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Random Thoughts

We're under a severe thunderstorm watch in Kansas City right now, so I'm homebound watching TV and smelling the god-awful cow hoof Casey is chewing. So I thought it'd be a good time to just free associate on a few things, just to fuel this new addiction of mine...

-- I forgot two of my nephew's birthdays in August (the 4th and the 30th). I SUCK at remembering birthdays. One year as a Christmas gift my mother gave me the "service" of mailing all my cards for me (on time). She made and printed the cards on her computer (she has a lot of free time) and I signed them in advance. When they were due, she stuck in a $20 and we settled up after the fact. Probably the best gift I ever got.

-- I got a voice mail from the Volvo dealer yesterday. She said it was my "three year and six month" call (on a 4-year lease). They never call me just to say "Hi." They always want something from me. If they did call to just tell me "Hi," I'm sure I'd tell them not to call until my lease was almost up.

-- I need to figure out which new car I'm going to get. I think I want a hybrid, but all the current hybrids are cheap pieces of crap. I'm shocked (and pissed) Volvo doesn't have one.

-- I bought some new Lucky jeans this weekend, thinking I could wear them to work. I was shopping with two friends at the time and they INSISTED they looked OK for the office. When I put them on Monday morning I decided they accentuated certain details that should otherwise not be accentuated at the office. I probably should take them back, but given their fit, I'm sure they'll be fine to wear Out.

-- I'm either getting a cold or my allergies are acting up. I've been coughing and sneezing all day long in spite of taking 20-30 packets of Tylenol Sinus. I hate not feeling 100%.

-- I'm watching The Biggest Loser and each of the team members are wearing T-shirts with their reason for losing weight printed on them. They say things like "To be healthy," or "To turn heads." If I was on there, mine would say "To get laid."

-- For dinner tonight I stopped at Wendy's and ordered one of their "healthy" sandwiches and Baked Lays chips. In addition to my sandwich, they accidentally gave me a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. I ate that damn thing like there was no tomorrow.

-- I just got an e-mail from my secret crush in San Francisco. This makes me happy. I want to tell you about it, but I can't. It's a secret crush.

-- My new Vanity Fair came in yesterday. I never really realized how hot Paris Hilton is. But then again, a photographer like Mario Testino and an army of photoshop experts could make even ME look hot on the cover of VF. And damn... her finance (also named Paris) is something to behold. In the only photo with him, they placed him behind her, mostly hidden. This is obviously to keep the focus on, um, what's her face.

-- Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive makes me want to open a vein. Thank GOD I can watch Tommy Lee go to college instead.

-- OK, it's thundering and lightning. Sadly, I'm more scared about losing this post than it striking my house and blowing up all my electronic equipment. I need a generator. Or maybe a little Beagle-sized hampster wheel Casey could use to power my cable modem and wireless LAN.

Anywho, I'm gonna go puke now. The smell of hoof has overtaken me. Plus, rain makes me sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home