Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween History

To all my fellow bloggers and occasional reader readers:

Happy Halloween!!

In the spirit of the holiday, I wanted to frighten the pants off you (ok, well, some of you should probably keep your pants on--no seriously, please, we don't need to see that). And what better way to do that than pictures of me!! The picture below was taken in 1994. I'm dressed as a monk with very pale skin and serious bags under his eyes (no makeup was necessary). Who knew that monks wore Doc Marten's with their jeans rolled into a cuff at the bottom. Eww. This was taken at my Aunt's house prior to heading out to a party.

In 1997, I mistakenly went into the office without a costume and was severely ridiculed by my co-workers (who all dressed up). So, for lunch, I ran to the fabric store, bought $4.99 worth of cloth, a $.10 strip of gold ribbon and a $1.99 Christmas wreath (which I cut to fit for my head). After a quick stop at the Albertson's for some grapes, I was back at the office in time to capture 2nd place in the company-wide costume contest. HAHAHA to everyone that made me feel bad for not dressing up. That'll teach YOU to challenge a gay man to be fabulous under pressure.

The next picture is a rented Roman Centurion outfit (real leather I might add) from 1999. I wanted to go as a Gladiator, but this was the best I could do. This was taken in the hallway of my Dallas apartment before heading to a street fair. Special note: The combo of Leather and Legs can get a Centurion VERY far in life.

And then there was New Orleans, which you've seen before. I shant describe the circumstances, people or events involved in the making of this memorable Halloween so as to protect the guilty and avoid certain prosecution.

The next shot wasn't technically Halloween. OK, it wasn't Halloween at all, but rather a really fun costume party at my friend's Justin and Aaron's house called "Ooga Booga." I'm not sure why, but we tend to name our parties in Kansas City--probably all hoping they become regular traditions. Regrettably, this one did not. I'm standing next to my friend Bill, who sadly forgot to wear a costume (hehe). Notice the lovely nose-ring and gorgeous headband made from the best feathers and leather straps Wal-Mart has to offer.

Then I went on a military spree, shirtless of course. This photo was taken at an Annual Halloween extravaganza called "Spook" in Kansas City at my friend's Tim/Tobi's house (Timmy shown below). "Spook" has since been disbanded due to the unfortunate split between the hosts. I was dressed as Rambo, although I asked everyone to call me "Rambone" (oddly, no one did). Notice the working metal BB gun and real bullets strapped around my waist. Did you know you can buy bullets over-the-counter at Wal-Mart? Scary.


The following night, I reused this same outfit, but decided to take it an extra step by adding face-paint and bloody injuries. This picture was taken at Missie B's in 2002 with my pal Trevor. Unfortunately, due to some rather lude behavior on my part, several of the faux injuries became real ones by the end of the evening. Just kidding, I haven't been lude in hours years.

And, I know what you're thinking... "Dave should wear more clothes." But hey--ya gotta be SCARY, right?!?! Happy Halloween!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home