Wednesday, October 12, 2005

NYC

Today I'm in NYC for a meeting. I got in so damn late last night due to flight delays that I didn't even get to see my dearest friend Ryan, who happened to be having a birthday yesterday. We had dinner plans, but a few drops of rain closed LaGuardia airport for hours.

Ryan is very special to me for many reasons. We actually dated for a while in Dallas where I mistakenly allowed myself to fall head over heels in love with him. But that didn’t pan out, so I decided to channel my affection for him into a solid friendship. We’ve known each other for over 6 years, and I think of him as one of the most important people in my life. Here are the top 10 reasons why I just love Ryan to death:

1. He’s soft-spoken and tender-hearted. The yin to my yang.
2. He’s unbelievably gorgeous but has no clue of this fact.
3. He’s completely neurotic, but in a sensible kind of way.
4. He makes me proud.
5. He’s fun, and makes me smile.
6. He tolerates me.
7. He’s incredibly focused on his career and profession.
8. He’s honest.
9. He’s principled.
10. He makes me feel special.


So, with a wave of the magic AMEX, I've taken tomorrow off and will stay another night, just to see him. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger SLP said...

I hope that the city is treating you well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home