Monday, October 03, 2005

Security Breach

We have ID badges at work that have our pictures on them and an attached access card to enter secured areas of the office. Today I left my badge at home. I do this fairly often because, well, I have problems concentrating in the morning. I'm lucky if the dog gets fed and I remember to brush my teeth. Although I am entirely uncertain what it is we're securing (especially in my area where the jar of mints on M.'s desk is the most valuable commodity), if you happen to leave your security badge at home for the day, you are screwed.

Because of the office layout, our secured area completely lacks any critical facilities. And if you must leave the secured area, chances are you're not getting back in until someone opens the door or answers your knock (this rarely happens). You can't get coffee or go to the restroom. You can't grab something off the printer. Forget about getting a soda from the machine. Water? Nope. However, if you can somehow procure a sophisticated tool to thwart the high-tech security devices that keeps us all safe and secure in the building, and have the courage to brave the wrath of our fierce security guard at the front door (5'6" female rent-a-cop), you can set yourself free. Coincidentally, we also call these high-tech tools "staplers."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home