Friday, November 11, 2005

Boston Legal

This morning I'm writing from the lovely Courtyard Marriott in Boston, MA. I've been here since yesterday morning having a very terse meeting with some very angry clients. We both brought our lawyers. And I'm here to tell you, there's no better way to start a meeting aimed at collaboratively resolving difficult issues than by introducing your lawyers. Alas, no blood was shed and I think we'll be able to work things out without getting the Supreme Court involved.

The best thing about a meeting that runs late into the evening is that everyone needs a drink by the end. Without even loosening my tie, we headed straight for Davio's in the One Charles condominium building that straddles the Theater District and Park Square. There were six of us (colleagues and local family). It was a gluttonous experience:

Cocktails:
2 Extra dirty Ketel One Martini, up

Starters:
--Iceberg Wedge, Niman Ranch Bacon, Roasted Pecans and Creamy Pepper Goat Cheese Dressing
--Pan-seared Jonah crab cakes with sweet corn onion soffrito, lemon aioli

Wine:
--2001 Merriam Carbernet (fabulous)

Entree:
--Veal Tenderloin, crispy sweet onion polenta, wilted escaroe in a marsala sage sauce

Dessert:
--Mango, raspberry and lemon sorbet with a cookie garnish
--B&B cordial with a decaf chaser

*hiccup*

Kinda made my Courtyard Marriott buffet breakfast seem a little puny. Are you hungry now??

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Boston! My home city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home