Monday, November 07, 2005

Lessons from Jesse

While driving around town this weekend, I heard the song "Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney. Normally, I'd dismiss this as just another teeny-bop pop song and forget I ever heard it. But when I heard it again several hours later, the words struck a chord with me. The lyrics aren't profound by any means, but they really stuck in my head. I wasn't sure why until I thought about them in light of my own [failed] attempts at meeting that special someone.

The chorus [and my life]:

I don't want another pretty face [been there done that],
I don't want just anyone to hold [I've held way too many],
I don't want my love to go to waste [never thought about it like that],
I want you and your beautiful soul [maybe, someday].

Thanks Jess. If you weren't a prepubescent 16-year old, you'd be at the top of my list.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Odd that you blog about this today. Earlier I heard a Jesse McCartney song called "Because You Live." It sounded a little Backstreet-Boys-circa-2000, but in a good way. And in your head you could easily change the parts where he says "girl" into "boy." That's what is known as "versatile."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home