Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Unsent

Inspired by Alanis Morrisette's "Unsent." Grossly lacking in any poetic quality, just gutteral musings.

dear chris you were my first and I
won't forget when you approached me
and bought me a beer and fed me
eggs at 3am and touched me
in ways I didn't know
so fun so gentle so fleeting

dear david I loved you so much and
never told you
all the times I dreamt about holding your hand
and sharing laughs and growing old
you taught me to be afraid of myself
and my feelings

but that was good to know

dear ryan we were quite the pair
I hated every moment
I wasn’t holding you close or kissing your lips
or being disappointed
we were so young and innocent
for the time being
I learned so much

dear steven you were my life and love
for so long
it still hurts sometimes that we didn’t

persevere I thought We would of all people
but We made memories and mistakes
We’ll keep forever
without regret, for me at least

dear ryan I opened my heart to you
and won't soon forget how it was closed
god it hurt so bad like nothing else before
but the truth is I’m glad it happened
because now you're in my heart where you belong
safe
and sound

dear someone I may or may not know

I know you’re out there but
I’m scared to death of you
not wanting to do this again and
fearing the worst having been there
I'm trying to convince myself it’s worth it
to touch again to feel again to share again

maybe soon

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger David said...

He's worth it! Just start making a list, a list of how he can make up for his tardy appearence. : )

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Too. Close. To. Home.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - that was really, really great. THANK YOU for telling me to read it. So good, Dave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home