Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Random Thoughts #9

--I'm an AWFUL son. Awful. Last night Karma got me back for making fun of my parents. I called my Mom on her cell phone to check to make sure they made it safely to G.O.D.S. Railroad. They did. My mom and I chatted for a just a few seconds and then I rushed to get off the phone so as not to disrupt their vacation. Then this morning, I realized that I completely forgot to tell her Happy Birthday. DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

--But since Karma already got me, let me tell you what they were doing when I called them today to apologize. They were at Target. Buying WD-40. Why? To fix the motel-door-that-squeaks-and-drives-my-Dad-crazy, but not-so-bad-that-he'd-ask-the-friendly-inn-keeper-to-do-it. Having grown up with that, it's really quite amazing that I'm even CLOSE to being sane.

--My personal laptop died yesterday. Just out of the blue, it gave up the ghost and won't reboot. I dropped it off at MicroCenter this morning ($100 just to look at it!) in hopes it might be easily fixed. The diagnosis:
Motherboard out. Have to ship it away. 3-4 weeks. $304. Hmm. It's at least 2 years old, the warranty expired last month (just my luck), it's heavy and big, and I have my work laptop and two desktop PCs already. I think I may just leave it broken and get that thing I've had my eye on.

--I stopped at Subway for lunch and got the worst sandwich I've ever eaten. The guy that made it for me was such a distraction that I could barely pay attention to the fact that he didn't heat up my chicken or put any teriyaki sauce on it. All I could do was stare at his completely tattooed forearms (with at least 30 different rubber "Cure" wristbands and several colorful beaded bracelets), very large nose ring, and a large, gaudy turquoise ring on every single one of his long, sinewy, frighteningly long-nailed fingers. If he hadn't been wearing gloves, I wouldn't have been able to eat it. And even then, I only ate half. I may not go back there.

--Casey made it through his "procedure" this afternoon. I didn't have time to give him a bath over lunch, so I'm guessing the house will smell like ass pus when I get home. Nothing like a little ass pus to liven up the place I always say.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found this link in a book of mine... although it promised MUCH more... ... ... i hope casey is feel(smell)ing better. see ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home