Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

I'll spare you the intimate details of the dramatic events that have unfolded in my life over the past two days, but here's a sample:

--My Mom is now on a heart transplant list. My Father isn't dealing with this so well. Neither is she.

--My friend Kurt is separating from his boyfriend and is now at my house with his two dogs. Big dogs. Cute dogs.

--I am leaving for Austin to take care of my parents this morning. I'm not sure when I'll be back to Kansas City. Weeks, no doubt.

--I am frazzled. I am stressed. But this is what we do. And I'm doing it with gusto.

More later...

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

When you're a kid your parents like to guilt you with the infamous "Be careful -- I don't want to get that terrible call in the night..." lecture.

Well, ever since my parents retired to the other side of the country, now I'm the one who worries about getting "the terrible call" and having to drop everything and rush to get out to them on a moment's notice.

Hope it all works out well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home