Friday, March 10, 2006

The Dating Pool (Needs Chlorine)

I haven't been dating a lot lately. It seems to come in spurts for me (pun intended). My favorite date is with Matt (who I have a date with tonight), but he's a lot younger and we have really different lives, so I've been somewhat reluctant to pursue anything serious with him--for both of our sakes. Although I wish I could figure out how to make it work, he's a sweetheart.

Last night, though, I was contacted via my Out in Kansas City profile, and got high hopes that all of my dreams may have been answered. Here's what I got from a jovial and optimistic man who says he's 38; however, I suspect by the picture that he's actually 138. Here's the note (verbatim):


Maybe you could see your way, to Have Lunch or Dinner, with NOT so fit of a guy, that is normal, like's to Laugh, and have fun w/o Sex all the time!!!!!!!!!!! If that is you then hit me Back, we'd have a good time, no matter!!!!!!!!!!

Lat,

Ethan.............. do you have the ball's?



Hmmm. Tempting. But the truth is, I doubt I will see my way to have Lunch or Dinner with Ethan. Not necessarily because he's older or isn't interested in sex, but because he uses random capitalization, run-on sentences and inappropriate apostrophes with simple plural words. However, sometimes I do think it's cute to use 15-20 exclamation points, but generally not after saying that we WON'T have sex all the time. I mean, if we DID have sex all the time, that might be worth some extra punctuation. And, ya gotta love a hip 38 year old that says "Late," short for Later (although he spelled it "Lat").

Oh well. As it turns out, I guess I don't have the balls.

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger David said...

You've got the balls and the brains, which is why you won't be "seeing your way to have lunch or dinner." Besides, it's always best to start with coffee or something easily escapable where you can use your hot drink as a weapon if needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home