Friday, March 24, 2006

Porsche Pranks

Outside my third-floor window at the office I can see the back of an office complex. One of the businesses there consistently has 5-10 brand new Porsches lined up behind the building. I don't know what exactly they're doing to them, but I suspect they have a contract with the Porsche dealer just down the road to detail them as they're selling or servicing them.

Also behind this building is a well-paved road spanning maybe 1000 yards or so. In the past couple of weeks, I have seen two complete-circle burnouts (where the front wheels stay put and the back wheels spin the car in a circle), one tire burn off (white smoke billowing from the tires) and at least six pseudo zero-to-60 (or probably more) runs down this road. Now, I know I should be appalled at this behavior--especially if it was MY $80,000 car being treated like that--but I have to say: those friggin cars are a sight to behold.

So, if you have a Porsche, good for you. You've got a great car. I just hope you're not having it serviced at the local Kansas City Porsche dealership. You're getting a good old-fashioned Ferris Bueller's day off valet job like nobody's business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home