Sunday, March 05, 2006

Suck Du Soleil

Dear Ticketmaster:

I purchased two tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil show "Delirium" for Saturday, March 4, 2006. The tickets were in Section 203 seats 3 and 4 and were $99.50/ea (the highest listed price).

As I was purchasing the tickets, neither the Web site nor the tickets made reference to these seats having an obstructed view; however, my guest and I sat directly behind a permanent railing that obstructed all but about 10% of the stage. And since the stage design was narrow and ran parallel to the railing, this wasn't just a partial obstruction--the rail ran straight down the middle of the stage. It wouldn't have been possible to have more perfectly obstructed our view of the performance.

I'm sure you have policies to protect yourself from giving refunds in these cases, so I won't ask for a full refund. However, I DO feel as though I was not provided enough information on your site to make an informed purchase decision (I would not have purchased obstructed view seats) and therefore feel some restitution for such misinformation is warranted.

My request is that I am refunded the difference between the full $99.50 price and a lesser obstructed view price. I believe this is very reasonable compensation for having to sit 2.5 hours with my head on my lap straining see the performers. It absolutely RUINED my experience.

Thank you for considering this, and I look forward to your favorable response.

[Note: With the exception of the amazing woman with the hoola hoops, the show absolutely sucked.]

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

Bummer. Broadway theaters in NYC and the Lincoln Center venues are usually pretty good about disclosing such things.

I saw "Mystere" in Las Vegas a while back and thought it sucked. I'll never go to a C-du-S performance again. On the other hand, I'm the type who would rather go to the dentist than to the Museum of Modern Art. "Abstract" is just not my thing.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I attended this event with the letter writer. Not only was our view obstructed but we were also sandwhiched in between the two fattest people i had seen in the arena. We both walke dout with heads cocked to one side discussing whether or not we enjoyed the show. Weak at best, but my chiropractor thanks you ticketmaster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home