Thursday, March 02, 2006

Visitor Panic

My friend Ryan is coming to visit me from NYC tomorrow. He's just completed his Psy.D. program and is interviewing with a hospital here in KC. I have taken it upon myself to be his hostess with the mostest, including round-trip airfare, reservations at KC's finest eateries, a Bikram yoga session and even cocktails and shop-talk with a friend of a friend mine, who happens to be the CEO of one of the hospitals here.

I won't lie, I'm rolling out the red carpet because I selfishly want him to move here. I think it'd be so cool to have him back in my life on a regular basis. He's such an awesome guy. And I'm not at all beneath some heavy-handed recruiting.

Anywho, I've been trying to get the house ready for his visit. And by "ready," I mean getting the bedroom makeover finished, lots of cleaning, stocking up, etc. I have been in an utter state of panic the last two days because I've had a whole weeks worth of work to get done and hardly any time to do it. But I do well under pressure. :)

It's now 1 a.m. and almost everything is ready. I am totally and utterly exhausted. And I'm beaming... I love it when a plan comes together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home