Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Another One "Lured"

The Today Show ran a piece this morning on Justin Berry, a 13 year-old, now of legal age, that was allegedly "lured" into taking off his clothes and masturbating in front of his web cam--for MONEY--by over 1,000 men on the internet. The spot discussed, at length, about how he was victimized by these men and that he's permanently scarred by this event. He was also upset that the local officials, even after he provided several hundred names and addresses of the so called perpetrators, only pursued two of the men with criminal action.

This story completely and utterly chaps my ass. SHAME on the Today Show for turning this into a "child victimization" story and not a "scam on gullable, lonely men" that it is. This kid--with the aid of an older guy--actively solicited his performances online and in person, for upwards of $3,000 per visit for several years. Sources report that he made hundreds of thousands of dollars in this enterprise.

From Steve Brack on SLOG:

The report made it sound as if Justin was receiving offers from these men completely out of the blue, but the details say otherwise. As young as 14, Justin Berry was advertising himself for what he was willing to do on cam, was setting prices for various acts, including visiting his admirers to perform acts of more-traditional prostitution, and was orchestrating competition among these men that drove his prices ever-skyward...

...Last, when confronted with overwhelming evidence of prostitution, pandering obscenity, and contributing to the delinquency of minors on his part, Justin did what any Oral Roberts, Jim Bakker, or Jeff Gannon would do: he admitted his sin & promised to overcome it with the help of Jesus (and a reporter-cum-advocate from the New York Times, an all-expenses-paid drug rehab, a fully-paid-for attorney, and a sweetheart deal with a Federal prosecutor who knew Justin was the subject of a sympathetic piece to run in the times).

And you know what else that chaps my ass? I've taken my clothes off and masturbated dozens of time on my web cam, and I haven't made ONE GODDAMN CENT. What kind of world are we living in? I mean, really.

And, um, does anyone know his URL? (Research, ya know.)


5 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

I think they should fire Katie Couric and force her to trade down to the CBS Evening News.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Adam said...

You're a dirty bird. You've been bookmarked!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Mike said...

You know, I was watching the story this morning (and too busy getting ready for work), and wondering the same things. Well, that, and this:

Where were his parents? For Fuck's sake already. Sure, what the online guys were doing was wrong and all, but uhm... HELLOOOOO!! Obviously his parents had no clue that this boy was spending copious amounts of time behind his closed (and obviously LOCKED) bedroom door, and money was probably blowing a hole in his pocket, yet his parents didn't even seem to notice that he didn't work at the local Mickey D's.

Before anyone gets on me about it, I am not blaming the victim. I just have to wonder.

I make the prediction that he will be the next spokesman for P-FOX.

Someone write that down.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I found this, 'cause I've been thinking the same thing you guys are since I saw the kid on Larry King last night.

There's certainly something that doesn't add up here.

I want to hear from the Dad that was purportedly acquiring Mexican hooker for this kid to have sex with on a webcam.

This kid does not fit into the psychological mold of a victim of sexual predators.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the keyboard blogging. I like to read as well as look. I'll donate a penny (goddamned or otherwise) for your thoughts, if not for your dozens of x-rated webcam exploits. Hmmm, a DVD with the "best of Dave."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home