Monday, April 17, 2006

Busted

Saturday morning I was driving to the dog park and saw a speed trap on the other side of the divided road. As I am generally inclined to do, I flashed my lights at oncoming cars to warn them of their approaching fate. This main thoroughfare is well-traveled and the speed limit is only 35. Everyone speeds. With the windows down, coffee in hand, I was flashing with a vengeance.

Until I saw the motorcycle cop on MY side of the road. He lowered his radar and gave me a VERY disapproving shake of the head and a pointed directly at me. I was cold busted and my heart jumped right up to the top of my throat.

I'm not sure why I get so freaked out by the police. I'm generally not breaking anything but minor traffic laws and could more than likely get the ticket dismissed if I got one. To me, I think it's just frightening to get in trouble. Like going to the principal's office, getting caught reading blogs at work or getting caught looking at someone's ass. Not that I do any of those things of course.

He didn't pull me over. I wasn't speeding so I'm not sure what the law says on flashing your headlights. If he had, I would've tried to reason with him and suggest that we're both ultimately working towards the same goal--to get people to slow down. Right? With my luck, that suggestion would've gotten me thrown over the hood of my car and one-way ticket to the pokey. Wait, that sounds kinda fun...

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger stasia said...

Haha! Cops freak me out too. Once I got pulled over for not stopping all the way at a stop sign, and I'm inclined to think I was let go because I was not wearing a bra beneath my tight-fitting shirt.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things I would like to say to a cop before I die:

Cop:"So, want to tell me what's making you go so fast?"

Me: "My foot on the accelerator."

****

Cop: "Can I see your license?"

Me: "Can I shoot your gun?"

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I am probably one of the few people you know of that has actually gotten a ticket for going too slow in a 40 mph zone.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of it this way; everytime you pay for a ticket, you're helping support me in my retirement!

I retired from city government three years ago. Not that the cops are just out there raising revenue ;>)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home