Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Not Playing Well With Others

This hasn't been a great day. I sat in the Kansas City airport from 12:15 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. and arrived in Fort Lauderdale at 10:30 p.m. absolutely starving and irritable beyond all recognition. When I got here it was so humid I thought I was going to vomit. Then, on the bus ride to the rental car center, I almost did.

My name wasn't on the Gold Club board at Hertz. I stood in line behind three people for 15 minutes until I got my car. I was very unpleasant to them. I drove immediately to a Sushi place with the OPEN sign illuminated, but apparently someone just forgot to turn it off. I was very unpleasant to them. Giving up, I drove to the hotel (it's a shithole), where the parking garage attendant was off-duty. It took me almost 15 minutes to find a Valet to let me in the parking garage. I was very unpleasant to him. As I checked in, the front desk queen informs me that the "Concierge Floor" (i.e., free drinks) for which I paid an extra $70 a night closed--8 minutes ago. I was very unpleasant to him.

Now it's 11:45 p.m. and I just finished my room service meal and a luke-warm Bud Light. I am now a little more settled and relaxed. I kind of regret being so unpleasant to all those people. I blame it on the time change.

3 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

Things like this never happen to people who come to NYC. ;-)

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I have EVER flown in or out of Lauderdale on time. Treat yourself to visit to Hamburger Mary's and have a mojito - you deserve it!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should've come to NY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home