Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Poems (sort of) for Katie

Most of you who are regular readers know that I am an avid Today Show fan. And, unlike many Katie-haters out there, I am sad to see her go. I'm also a little angry. And confused. I've been contemplating doing something drastic, like watching Good Morning America in protest. I may even--dare I say it--leave the TV off in the morning.

The only way I could bring myself to cope with this tragic announcement was to compose some poems--not haiku, but senryu--in the style of Faustus, MD (although I know I fall way short of his masterful creations in Gay Haiku). It was also the only way I could keep myself from sleeping durng a boring-but-mandatory HR training. Please don't laugh, they're meant to be cathartic.


I know you're abhorred
By most right-minded people.
Is it justified?


That's it, we're finished.
There's not a chance in hell I'll
Leave Matt by himself.


Oh my dear Katie,
I wish you the very best.
But you ain't Oprah.


I'll miss you it's true.
But if you think I'm watching
CBS you're wrong.


So long fair colon.
If only those bad highlights
Were less your trademark.


I hope you're replaced
By someone that's prettier.
And has bigger boobs.


I just can't believe
You are leaving Matt and me.
And for CBS.


Eh, who really cares.
It's not as if Anne Curry
Can't read to us, too.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Reviews For Jake said...

I would love to hear why you love her. She drives me up the wall!!! Like, FOR SHIZAL!

And where is she going? Off the air or on to another program?

Dave, tell us: Why do you HEART The Couric?

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I love her too, and always have. Much more human than the others before her. I will probably stop watching "Today", unlike others - as I started watching just before she started. Probably switch over to ABC.

I don't mind Harry on CBS, I just can't stand those bitches he has to put up with, I mean, work with. Bring Paula back.

Good for Katie, though. I hope she has success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home