Friday, April 14, 2006

Priorities

VP of Sales: Dave, is there ANY possible way you could be in Ft. Lauderdale next week?

Me: Depends, what days?

VP: It's a conference. I need you to go press some flesh and attend their Board of Director's meeting. The conference is Wednesday and Thursday, come back Friday. The Board meeting is Wednesday morning.

Me: Oh, no, I can't do that, I'm in New York Monday and Tuesday nights.

VP: Business or personal?

Me: Business. (OK, well, sort of).

VP: What's the TCV on that deal? [TCV is "total contract value"--how much the deal is worth to us].

Me: About 3.5 (million).

VP: This one is about 10.

Me: OK, Fort Lauderdale it is. But I'm renting a convertible and upgrading my room. I had plans to meet up with friends in the city.

VP: I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, we've got tickets for an evening dinner cruise on a yacht.

Me: Nice. Black tie?

VP: Don't think so.

Me: [Sighs]. I can't work in these conditions...

So, it doesn't look like I'm going to be making it to New York this week. I'm a little disappointed in that. However, the WYSIWYG show wasn't showcasing any bloggers I read anyway, and, well, I could be in worse places than Fort La Di Da for three days. Now, who wants to meet me at the bath house for a drink while I'm there?

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger David said...

Sorry your New York trip is canceled, I know you were looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home