Monday, April 03, 2006

Random Thoughts #18

--It was strange waking up this morning to darkness. Time changes always seem to throw my internal clock off more than the modest one hour shift. It felt like I was getting up in the middle of the night. Casey wasn't sure what to make of it. I think he thought I was leaving on a trip, since I typically leave at the crack of dawn to catch an early flight.

--Does anyone really observe April Fool's Day anymore? I realized (on the 2nd), that AFD had passed without a single mention from anyone. After reading a bit about it, no one is really sure where it came from or who started it first. I think we should pass some legislation that would make April 1 National George W. Bush Day. It's fitting.

--I finally met my new neighbors this weekend. They don't live there full-time, just when they're visiting from Washington, D.C. They bought this house just so they'd have a place to stay when they visit their daughter. Apparently he's some kind of lobbyist in the healthcare technology business. A good gig, apparently. He sounded Australian and was about seven feet tall with a shaved head. I told him I was thinking of putting in a fence and asked him what his thoughts were on what to do with the existing fence (which belongs to him). He says, "Ah, hell, mate, you can cut the fuckin' thing down for all I care." I love Australians.

--Kurt moved out this weekend. I wish him well in his new digs. I think Casey was a little sad that the other pups were gone. He walked into the guest room a couple of times and sniffed around to find his friends, to no avail. I think maybe I might get him a little friend soon. It's hard being his only play-toy sometimes.

--Last, I should report on the office crush. It's just not gonna happen. I have removed him from my list of tricks potential long-term partners due to several factors: 1) I never see him anymore; 2) he's really not that cute anyway; and 3) I caught him sleeping in his car in the parking lot last week. I need a man with a little more drive. Eh, who am I kidding--at least he has a friggin job.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger stasia said...

Last year my boyfriend of then four months happened to be visiting his parents on April 1, and decided to tell them we got married the previous weekend on a random trip to Houston. We sat through an entire lecture of what to expect, how they couldn't really say anything because they had married younger than we, etc. :) His little sister gave it away by giggling upstairs.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger stasia said...

er, my boyfriend and I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home