Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Random Thoughts #21

--I am so unbelievably busy at work my brain is about to explode. On top of that, my best employee submitted his resignation yesterday. While we'll miss him, I'm happy to see him moving up in the world. He deserves it. Anyone need a job? The pay is good and if you've got the right skill set, you get to sit underneath my desk.

--I stopped by the nursery at lunch today to look for some hanging plants for my deck. Some of the big bushy ones were $44.99. WTF? Fifty bucks for a little dirt, a plastic [disposable] container and a few flowers? I'm in the wrong business. They sure were pretty, but I passed out of principle.

--This coming weekend I've got some out of town friends coming to stay at the house. I shall expect non-stop debauchery from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. I need to start taking naps and extra vitamins to get ready for it.

--I'm wearing my fat pants today and they are completely falling off me. I think this is a sign I'm shedding pounds. I never get on the scale since weight really isn't an accurate reflection of progress when you're simultaneously adding muscle weight. I go exclusively by my waist size. It's good to see it happening, though. Pretty soon I'll be able to take off my girdle.

--As I was buying my contacts today I saw a sign behind the cash register that said "Reputation is what you are when the lights are on. Character is what you are when the lights are off." Uh oh.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave you should consider going to River Market on Saturday morning and getting plants there. Home Depot and Lowe's are charging absolutely insane amounts of $$$ for mediocre plants that most likely won't last too long. If you want quality, long-lasting, reasonably priced plants River Market is the place to go. It's always helpful to ask people that sell plants questions about watering, fertilizing etc, b/c they are experts in the plants they sell, unlike some 16 y.o. Home Depot kid who's half baked and can't tell a difference between azaleas and rhododendrons. You do have to deal with parking, driving all the way out there and crowds + you better be there by 10 a.m. or all the good stuff will be gone, but at least you'll know it won't wilt in the week or two.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Anyone need a job? The pay is good and if you've got the right skill set...

While this might sound impressive, I can't get over the fact that I'd have to move to middle-America. To me, that makes me think I'd be moving to Middle-Earth. Neither sounds like a good idea.

Sitting under your desk, while enticing, may not be enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home