Tuesday, April 04, 2006

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours

Today I learned that my company quietly donated a not-so-insignificant sum of money to the private school of the son of an executive that recently signed a multimillion dollar deal with us.

I didn't have anything to do with it, and I'm sure it's probably legal, but is HAS to be some kind of breach of our [typically] high ethical standards. I'm really torn about this. Part of me loves how business operates (especially when we win), and felt a little honored that I was trusted enough to be told this piece of information. The other part of me is mortified by the thought of fat, rich, cigar-smoking, golf-playing white guys peddling (and capitalizing on) corporate favors. I hope I never become that. Fat, I mean.

Besides, I would look AWFUL in an orange jumpsuit.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

You do know the story of Sandy Weill, Jack Grubman, Michael Armstrong and the 92nd Street Y Preschool, right?

All y'all's goin' down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home