Monday, May 08, 2006

Coming 'round again (Weekend Recap)

While I'm certain that none of you had sleepless nights this weekend wondering how I was getting along with my "funk," but I thought I'd update you anyway... Status: A little better.

I slept almost the entire weekend, including Friday. I just worked from home and took a couple of calls and slept most of the day. I doubt my boss even noticed I was gone. He doesn't care anyway, as long as the work gets done (and it always gets done). Casey really enjoyed having a warm body to cuddle next to (as did I) and we spent many an hour resting, eating, peeing and pooping together. Well, not together, together, but you get the idea.

I had fantastical dreams all weekend. I dreamt of playing water polo, getting lost in the mountains on a hiking trip, singing in a country/western band (but only in the studio), my sister picking at a huge and disgusting sore on my leg, and even a recurring dream about a guinea pig that wouldn't stay in his cage. Weird.

On Saturday my self-appointed task was to call my parents. I hadn't called them for almost two weeks and judging by their increasingly frantic messages, I was about 24 hours shy of them calling the police to try to locate me. They yelled at me, and rightly so. Saturday evening Doug and Lucas wrestled me up from the bed and took me to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. It was good to get out; however, I must've eaten too fast or drank too much or something, because at the end of dinner my stomach hurt so bad I could hardly walk. When it rains it pours, I guess.

Then Sunday I forced myself to get up off my ass and mow the lawn, which invariably led to cleaning out the gutters on the front side of the house. Talk a bout a disgusting mess. Ugh. I was up on a 16' ladder with these huge red rubber gloves slopping wet, rancid leaves out of the gutter. It wasn't fun, and it smelled awful. But I did feel like I accomplished something, which invariably led to feeling OK about taking another nap.

Then Sunday afternoon I got an e-mail from a guy I've previously shown interest in, Jason. Completely out of the blue, he asks if I'd like to hang out sometime. I said "anytime," and he said "how about now?" and I thought "sure, why not?" And so he came over and we watched a movie and ate Chinese food and talked a lot. It was nice. Hear that sound? It's the sound of me not being very excited, with a dull, faint hum of optimism. You know the sound, I'm sure...

Several Peek Pics to follow today... I'm fully aware that I've been remiss.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger David said...

....having a hard time connecting the lawn mowing and the gutter cleaning. Typically I follow lawn mowing with some detailed foot care. Maybe next time try that.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Lawn mowing? That's not my job.

Foot care? not a bad idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home