Monday, May 08, 2006

Sprain, Sprain, Go Away

Somewhere, somehow, I hurt my ankle. And no, it wasn't a ceiling fan accident after my last rowdy weekend. For the past couple of weeks I've had a nagging dull pain when I walk, and also the ocassional excrutiating, scream outloud pain when I land on it a certain way. I'm really over that. So today I bought the ankle brace pictured below (along with the potted plants pictured below, below).

First, I'm fully aware that the brace goes on UNDER the sock, I was just trying it on and showing it off to everyone in the office (I didn't want them to see my new french-tip pedicure with the diamond stones). And I'm glad my feet don't smell, because I'm sitting here in the office with my shoe and sock off trying to get this thing on. [Note: This ought to be heaven for the foot fetish crowd that keeps e-mailing me from YouTube. Enjoy!].

Surprisingly, it actually feels pretty good. Snug. Secure. According to my doctor, compression, along with 20 or less minutes of icing each night should speed the healing process. But I sure could use a nurse to make it feel better.

6 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

I did something to my left index finger during the Great Iceland Spelunking Disaster of 2006 and I still don't have full range of motion in it.

Fortunately I'm right-handed and it only hurts when I try to do unnatural things with it.

;-)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger David said...

I'm all about educating yourself, but maybe you should go to the doctor. I mean, I'm sure your diagnostic skills are incredible but come on, maybe use that health insurance that most Americans don't have the luxury of. Now about feeling better...

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Let me restate:

I sure could use a nurse WITH GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER to make it feel better.

Meow!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I'm glad you decided to be a bit more specific.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger David said...

Bedside, table-top, wherever.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home