Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Trying Times For Me

I'm not a religious or overly sentimental person, but like everyone, I've been known to rely upon the wisdom and thoughts of others to help me navigate through trouble waters. My favorite is a quote that Robert Kennedy used in a speech just before his assassination as a reference to his personal struggle with the untimely death of his brother.

Though my struggles are much different, I identify with the idea that it is possible to find wisdom through adversity. I just wish it came more easily...

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God." --Aeschylus"

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

Hope it all sorts itself out. :-)

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As fucktarded as it may sound, have you ever thought that obstacles that life throws at you in the short run, may be viewed as opportunities for the long run?

And if everything else fails, you can always hope for the better :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home