Wednesday, June 28, 2006

House Stalker

I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated with it. But I've really been watching the contractors re-build the house two doors down from me. I'm amazed by how they just completely knocked the whole thing down sans a couple of walls and the chimney and started rebuilding. I am not so thrilled, however, about the occasional jackhammer at 7:30 a.m. on Saturdays.

I walk by it nearly every day when Casey and I go for our walk and have taken several "in progress" shots. Here are the most extreme examples of progress:


When Steven and I moved into our newly-built house in Dallas, someone anonymously dropped an envelope of pictures in our mailbox showing each phase of them building the house. I really appreciated that gesture and intend to do the same for these new neighbors, without the anonymous part. Once they move in I'll take them over and introduce myself. God knows I can't bake a cake.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger stasia said...

That's a really cool idea.

When my parents's house was being built, my family drove up from where we were living to see it being built. The concrete in the driveway was setting so we all got to put our hand prints and write our names in the concrete. For me, that's better than pictures. Of course, I couldn't take the driveway with me when I moved out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home