Friday, June 02, 2006

Random Thoughts #26

--I'm sitting at my desk typing this and there's a developer named Michael talking to my co-worker. He's got an incredibly deep and booming voice, which is kind of sexy except when I'm trying to concentrate. Right now I just want him to shut the fuck up.

--This morning on NPR I learned that it is customary for the U.S. Military to pay compensation or "solatia" to the families of Iraqi civilians injured or killed by U.S. forces. So how much is an Iraqi worth to us? $2,500. Injuries: $1,000. As I was searching the Internet for similar stories, there were pictures of soldiers counting out $50 bills to Iraqi citizens. Tacky.

--Today former co-worker and long lost pal Mike is taking me to lunch for my birthday. I've selected Fuddrucker's, where I'll have a tasty Turkey burger and some fries. Hell, I might splurge and go to Wendy's for a Frosty, too.

--I don't see how steroids makes Barry Bonds hit more home runs. Seems to me like hitting a home run requires some amount of eye-hand coordination that steroids doesn't improve. If you juiced up half the players in MLB, Barry would probably still have the most. And, what the difference between hitting a ball 490 feet and 590 feet? They're both still homers (I think).

--I ate dinner right next to Sammy Sosa once at a crappy little Chinese food dive in San Francisco. They locked the doors behind him so people wouldn't come in and bother him. Somehow, the owner magically produced a handful of baseballs for him to sign.

--I saw a personalized license plate yesterday on a big giant SUV that read "OTOLITH." At the time, I thought it might have something to do with ears and a large stone, but I wasn't sure. I definitely thought it sounded cool. According to Merriam-Webster Online, it means "
One of many minute calcareous particles found in the inner ear of vertebrates and in the statocysts of many invertebrates." Why would anyone put that on their car? Someone please help me understand.

--I've always wanted to have a personalized plate, but have never been able to come to any type of decision on what I wanted it to be. This is the same reason I don't have any tattoos. Maybe "PWWO"?

--The product group I work in is traveling to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks for a meeting and we were just talking about making travel arrangements. One of my co-workers has this antique/vintage BMW motorcycle, and I told everyone (jokingly) that I wanted to ride up there on it with him. Another co-worker says, "Yeah, you'd make a GOOD biker bitch." Um, how did he know that?

--Kim English, RuPaul and EnVogue are all performing for Kansas City Gay Pride this year. I think that's a decent line-up for a lil' ole Midwestern town. It's not Gay Days or anything like that, but I think it'll be a fun weekend.

3 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger David said...

We're a little testy lately. Here's to hoping you get layed this weekend.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Dave said...

You should hope for that EVERY weekend. Don't hold back on me.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger David said...

Sex is for more than just weekends. Maybe if I drew a picture....well, several pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home