Friday, June 16, 2006

Sleeplessly Seeking Solace

It's 1:38 a.m. and I'm sitting outside on my screened-in porch listening to the wind rustle through the trees. It's incredibly peaceful out here and the temperature is perfect. The only other sound is a small creature creeping carefully through the back bushes. I wonder if it's watching me against the bluish glow of the laptop. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem threatened, nor should it be.

I'm so tired. My eyes and heart are heavy. My thoughts, churning endlessly in my head, have betrayed me tonight. I wish I could close my eyes and shut down the engines for just a brief moment. Like a respite from myself. Instead, I'll sit right here and let the wind blow refreshingly across my soul.

1 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home