Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Buyer's Remorse

This morning I went to the dentist to pick up my Invisalign teeth aligners. For whatever reason, I was really excited about getting them. Now, not so much. I'm having an awful case of buyer's remorse, and I want to rip them off my teeth and plant them around the perimeter of my back yard, where, after moderate watering, they will magically turn into a seven-foot picture-frame cedar fence with three gates. I'm ashamed that I spent money on vanity rather than the practicality of home investment.

These things are going to suck a lot more than I expected them to, even though everything was spelled out for me clearly in the 8.5"x11" glossy brochure. I can't drink soda or coffee, just water. I can't smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco. They dig into the top of my mouth and I talk like Elmer Fudd. I seem to do a lot more drooling than I used to, and they make it almost impossible for me to clinch my teeth really hard, which is something I have developed quite a habit of doing lately. I only take them out when I eat, and when I do, I have to brush and floss before putting them back in. I may go strictly with a liquid diet to avoid all this hygiene nonsense.


They made me 15 upper trays and 19 lower trays, which equates to about 5 months or so of torture. Or, as I look at it, about $1,000/month to straighten teeth that obviously didn't really need them in the first place. Oh well, I'll just try to look on the bright side--maybe it'll improve my already stellar fellatio skills.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

The "no soda or coffee" rule is a crock, as is the brushing requirement -- just buy a lot of Efferdent and Scope.

They shouldn't be digging into your gums -- perhaps they were molded wrong. But after two weeks you move on to the next set anyway.

Hang in there.

:-)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I used to wear something similar because I was grinding my teeth.

That whole thing about having "stellar fellatio skills" while wearing them is a myth.

"Myth!! Myth!!!"

Bonus points if you can name the movie.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey could you email me and tell me about how much your invisalign cost? Im planning on getting them later this year.

e-mail = mikew3st@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home