Thursday, July 13, 2006

Injuriously Speaking

Since I'm pretty much fixated on pain right now, I've been thinking about the times throughout my life that I've hurt myself or been in some sort of prolonged pain. For the most part, I've been pretty lucky--no major catastrophes or broken bones (so far). In an effort to try to take my mind off my teeth, I'm going to try to chronicle my previous injuries (sorry if some are repeated from previous posts):

--Slammed my thumb in the door of a 1979 Mercury Marquis. Lost a nail.
--Fell out of a wagon, got stitches in my chin.
--Fell while riding a bike in the snow, more stitches in the chin.
--Bit through my lip playing water polo.
--Burned my leg on a motorcycle muffler. 3rd degree burns.
--Blew out my hip flexor at water polo camp.

OK, this is the wimpiest list I've ever read. This doesn't make me feel better, it make me feel like I sort of deserve to have some mouth pain for a little bit.

What's YOUR worst injury?

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

I fell out of moving car at age 8. Concussion and one night in hospital.

And the Great Spelunking Disaster of 2006 left me with quite painful stigmata on both palms and a lost toenail.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger David said...

I went head first over the handle bars of a bike, skidding along a freshly paved road on my face (after blacking out.) Between the bloody nose and the places where my teeth sliced into the inside of my mouth there was a lot of blood.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Learning to ride a bike, without training wheels, and, uhm... falling off. I cracked my knee on the curb outside my house. My dad carried me to the bathroom and cleaned it up.

The part that made it traumatic? My mother screaming about how I should go to the hospital and get stiches, so I don't bleed to death.

I never got stiches, but I still have the scar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home