Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Random Thoughts #29 (Revised)

--OK, OK. My last "Random Thoughts" post wasn't written with a lot of enthusiasm, so I'm going to give it another shot. I've had some powdered doughnuts and a Diet Dr. Pepper, so I'm getting some of my mojo back.

--Over the holiday, our vending machine vendor raised their prices for soda by ten cents. Now a drink costs $1.10. I don't have any particular beef with them raising the price, but I can tell you that my consumption of drinks via their machines will significantly drop because of this change. Mostly because I will never, ever, have a spare dime laying around. What kind of a barbarian carries around change anymore?

--I am really, really unmotivated at my job right now. So much so that I'm starting to feel like maybe I should start looking for another one. But I'm too unmotivated to do that, too. How motivating is THAT?

--Saturday night one of Kansas City's nastiest oldest gay bars, the Dixie Belle (aka "the DB"), closed its doors for good. It had been open since 1987. In an effort to rekindle a few of the fond memories I'd had there, I decided to go on the last night with a few friends. Although no really special moments ever came back to me, I did enjoy watching a very large man projectile vomit from the elevated dance floor at the very moment the house lights came on. Now THAT'S an exit...

--Sunday afternoon I went over to a friend's apartment complex pool to get a little sun. Thinking there might be some regular folk (or worse, children) there, I decided to wear a pair of conservative board shorts. About 20 minutes into it, though, I couldn't help but notice how many gay people were there. Thank GOD I happened to have brought my very cute D&G box cut bathing suit. I mean, that could've turned out to be very embarrassing had someone mistaken me for straight. Yikes.

--On Monday I have a meeting in Austin, so I'm leaving Saturday morning to spend the weekend with my parents. I think it'll be fun. Two days are enough even for me to handle. I'll be sure to do some road-blogging to make up for the lack of posts this week. Thank you, btw, for those of you that brought that to my attention.

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger David said...

It's sort of cute that you think people might mistake you to be straight. ; )

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger David said...

P.S. You're welcome.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure, the projectile vomit was HILARIOUS....if u werent on the RECEIVING end! BITCH!
j/k
-daley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home