Friday, July 14, 2006

Responsibility Blows

Ryan: I want to get a really cool place, ya know, by myself. I'm over roommates.
Me: Yeah, I've never been a roomie person either.
Ryan: And I think I should be able to get a nice place here in KC.
Me: Do you know how much can you afford for rent?
Ryan: Well, I'm not really sure, exactly.
Me: Have you done your budget yet?
Ryan: [Long pause]. Umm, not really.
Me: Well, if you don't have a budget, how do you know what you can afford?
Ryan: I dunno, I was just kind of ball-parking it.
Me: Would you like me to help you?
Ryan: Sure.

30 minutes later...

Me: So, with all of your expenses, it looks like your net each month will be about $27.
Ryan: That's not very good, is it?
Me: Well, it's cutting it kinda short to say the least.
Ryan: [Long pause]. Well, maybe the roommate idea isn't so bad after all.

Welcome to the real world, baby.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Justin24601 said...

I've found that roomates suck, but not being able to buy stuff sucks even more.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TO HELL WITH ROOMMATES! I settle for a shitty 'lil apt. and not being able to buy EVERYTHING I want. I guess it really depends on what sort of person u are and what sacrifices u are willing to make. Call me GHET-TO but roomies BLOW!!!

"It doesn't take much to LIVE"
-Rob Dillon...my step-dad

-Daley

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Wilde said...

$27 won't even get you a place in a hot dog vendor's stand in NYC. Well, if it did, at least you wouldn't have to pay for heat...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home