Thursday, August 03, 2006

Random Thoughts #33

--I just realized that August 7 is the one year anniversary of PlaysWellWithOthers. I'm amazed by how fast it went by. Please don't feel obligated to host large rallies or parades in your home town. However, if you do, I really like balloon animals. And pirates.

--I think Casey has a future as a guard dog. (Be sure to click the pictures.)

--I know it's probably not nice for me to say this, but I hope Hollywood feeds that smug prick Mel Gibson his ass. I've always silently boycotted his movies for his strong anti-gay position, but now... well, now I just think he's a pathetic, confused little man that's having to swallow a big ol' spoon full of Karma. Who knows, maybe he'll also reach out to gay community for help. If he does, I'll volunteer to feed him a big ol' spoon full of... oh nevermind, he won't do that.

--My house is about to cave in I think. Both of my back doors are starting to stick when I try to open them. With my luck, I'm going to come home one day and it'll be crashed down into a 30-foot sink hole. That would suck.

--I don't like to talk a lot about work on the blog, but I just have to say... In the five years I've been here, this place is the most f*cked up it has ever been. No leadership, no direction, no focus, no accountability. It's amazing. And you know what? I don't even care. I'm just doing my job, keeping my head low and playing well with others. It's almost like being a war that you don't believe in and your side desperately needs a hero to save the day, but no one in their right mind is willing to stand up and get slaughtered over it. OK, a bad metaphor, but you get the idea.

--Aren't you impressed that I've gotten this far into a post and haven't once mentioned a certain type of two-wheeled vehicle? Although exciting things are happening... ;)

--I've got to go to the mall today and I'm dreading it. I need a couple of new pairs of jeans for work. My older ones are getting tattered and I can't wear them anymore. When I go to the mall, I park as close to my target destination as possible and run in as fast as I can, buy something, then immediately return to the car. OK, well, unless there's a cute guy helping me. In these cases, I will try on everything in the store. "Does this make my crotch look too big?"

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If place has "no leadership, no direction, no focus, no accountability" who cares that your jeans are "getting tattered"?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

Two words: Leveraged Buyout!

Let me get my piggy bank...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I SOOOOO know what you mean about shopping. And cute guys.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Can one's crotch look too big?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home