Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random Thoughts #34

--This morning I happened to have the dimmable spot light above my bathroom mirror at an intensity that highlighted what I thought was a string on my ear. Nope, not a string. It was a long, blond HAIR--almost an inch and a half long--sticking out of the top part of my ear. And it was MINE. Still connected. I was devastated.

--Have you ever noticed that the guys in the Army commercials are all square-jawed, blue-eyed studs with crew cuts? I wonder why they don't accurately represent their primary target demographic, which I think of as being overweight, pimply-faced high school dropouts. Surely they're not playing on those poor youngsters' latent homoromanticized image of a studly soldier. They would be, well, just wrong.

--I heard on the news this morning that the Kansas City Chiefs are looking for a new touchdown song after their current song's performer, Gary Glitter, was convicted of molesting two girls in Vietnam. I mean seriously. Talk about getting pigeonholed. You're either a touchdown song performer or a child molester--but never both. What has this world come to?

--Someone brought a baby into the office today and every single woman in the company was out there goo-gooing and ga-gaing over it. Maybe its my chromosomal makeup, but I don't get what makes a gurgling, stinky flesh ball attractive.

--And if you're wondering about who won the license plate contest, I'm still working on it. I had SO many responses that my Yahoo e-mail account overflowed! I can't BELIEVE you guys are so creative and have such a sincere desire to participate in my life!! I LOVE you guys!

--Yeah, um, ok, that last one was sarcasm. Based on the number of responses (THREE), I've decided to just keep talking about motorcycles until ever single one of you stop reading. That will be your punishment. That, and a firm spanking. Or two.

6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger john said...

Why would anyone bring a baby into a workplace?

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh - I know what you mean about stray hairs. Back in 1996, when I was only 21, I looked at myself in my car's rearview mirror and saw an errant hair sticking out of my nose. I tried to brush it away, and it was ATTACHED! I was horrified, and ever since then I have had weekly sessions with my nosehair trimmer.

Meanwhile, the hair on the top of my head is thinning. Damn you nature!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, TheHusband has a SERIOUS problem with hairs coming out of his nose, so much that he spends time in front of the TV plucking them out... so I bought him a trimmer, hoping he'd use it there and on his ears.

I keep the trimmer in my bathroom, so it doesn't get lonely.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

MY question is why do those stray hairs only present themselves when they are four feet long? You never see them short. Just super-long. Do they grow like that overnight?

(The same thing happened with my first -- knock on wood -- grey chest hair.)

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful what you wish for when it comes to us stoping reading your stories. According to the chart (Peek Pic 129) number of hits plummeted 73% in the last month or so. Although, I do like new trends in your posts.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Anon: The numbers are low in August b/c the month has only had 7 days worth of data when I ran the report. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home