Thursday, August 17, 2006

Random Thoughts #35

--Last night on the way home from work something smacked me hard while I was on the bike. I didn't see what it was, but think it was either a bird or some kind of big bug. It felt like someone punched me in the arm. It's amazing how little things can become projectiles at 50 mph.

--This morning I'm headed for St. Louis for a 3-hour meeting. My flight leaves at 9:30 and I get back home at 7:30. Thank god I don't have to take any luggage with me. In fact, I'm thinking of just taking a notebook and a tie. Any maybe some pants.

--I confess to watching "America's Got Talent" last night. Turns out it was the last show for the Top Ten performers to get rated. I'm surprised that people aren't more bothered by the painful reproduction of American Idol, even down to the sassy British guy espousing insults. That's so lame. Anyway, I'm voting for the tall, muscular barefoot guy and his miniature dancing partner. But only because he was barefoot.

--In the last six months or so, both springs snapped on my garage door (and shot across the garage). A couple weeks ago, a cable snapped. Since my car wasn't in the garage for any of the three separate incidents, I figured I was pushing my luck. Tomorrow afternoon I'm sucking it up and having the whole friggin' thing replaced.

--I hopped in my car to grab some Chinese food for dinner last night. After buzzing around town on a 300 pound motorcycle, a Volvo SUV felt like I was driving a TANK. And DAMN that thing is slow! I had no idea.

--The other thing that's funny is that now when I drive a car, I'm much more in tune with what's happening with other cars. Riding a motorcycle significantly increases your awareness of things going on around you. Think Gazelle in a pack of hungry lions. Oh, and the lions are talking on cell phones and putting on mascara.

--I got my really sporty new Axio Swift Hardpack delivered via UPS yesterday. I think it looks really cool, but yesterday as I was walking in the office, an older guy I didn't know says, "That thing is neato--looks like something those Ghostbusters wore." Grrrrrr.

--I thought to myself: if it WAS a proton pack like that used in Ghostbusters, I would've aimed my particle thrower directly at his ectoplasm and sent him swirling back into the in primordial ooze from which he came. And I remind all of you: "The proton pack is not a toy."

--I was playing ball with Casey a few minutes ago and we were doing his favorite little tug of war game where I try to get the ball out of his mouth. I was pulling really hard when he suddenly let go and I punched myself right in the face. I had no idea Beagles could laugh and point at the same time.

3 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger David said...

Casey 1
Dave 0

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that whatever that flying projectile was didn't startle you enough to cause an accident. And good thing it was your arm instead of your face.

Just don't tell the federal government what happened, because they're likely to raise the terror alert level again. :-/

On a completely unrelated note - what's the dating scene like where you live? How many bars are there?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

oh, my beagle just snickers under her breath when stuff like that happens ... the little bitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home