Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Missed Opportunity

I failed you on Friday. In a big way.

I was out riding around town when all of a sudden I started to see police everywhere. After a few minutes of buzzing around, I noticed they were at every single intersection. It was like the whole police force was out. Soon, the lights came on and they started blocking streets. About a mile up Ward Parkway I saw demonstrators--a lot of them. In fact, there were hundreds of them. I finally put two and two together: George was in town.

So I quickly pulled off the road and strapped the camera to my helmet and buzzed around the protesters and the house where George was "popping into" for a quick fundraiser (about $450,000 for Jim Talent). I even perched myself high atop a hill and videoed the Presidential motorcade and all of the white secret service vans. I even shot the presidential helicopter as it probed the surroundings for things out of the ordinary (although no one seemed to think a motorcycle with something strapped to the front of the helmet was odd). It was really cool. Honest.

So then I ran home and popped open the camera and learned that I had accidentally left my memory card in my computer. I got about 20 seconds of me putting on my gloves. Grrrrrrrrrr.

My bad. I promise to make it up to you. Maybe.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jess said...

So how will you make it up? Will you be paying visits to readers' homes? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home