Friday, September 01, 2006

Random Thoughts #38

--I watched Jessica Simpson on the Today show this morning. I was not impressed. She looked like a blond Betty Boop imitating a terrible singer. Oh, and wtf is a "bruised vocal chord"? There's only one way I can think of how you might do that...

--A recent study found that having children makes people less happy. Really? You mean how they occupy all your time, consume all your disposable income and in general make you completely refocus your life on something other than your own personal needs and desires? Hmm. My response to that: No shit, Sherlock.

--Last night I reset the odometer on the SUV to I can track how much I drive it during the month of September. This oughta be good. I'm shooting for less than 100 if I can help it.

--I'm starting to get lots of hits/attention on YouTube related to my motorcycle videos and I'm thinking of changing my core marketing strategy to better reflect my viewership. I mean, I'd guess that over 90% of the people that read the blog regularly are gay, and that 95% of the people that are watching the vids are not. Sooo, I'm thinking of keeping the videos separate from the gayness. Am I wrong to think that (generally speaking) homos aren't interested in bikes and bikers aren't interested in homos?

--I came into work this morning and helped close a $500,000 deal, then had a great conversation with a new company that I think I may want to acquire, then booked some travel, then had a good conversation with a co-worker about enhancing the efficiency of his group. It's now 11:45am and I think I've earned my keep enough today to warrant some afternoon motorcycle riding. After I finish blogging, of course.

--It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in KC for the holiday. I'll be doing some painting, some work on my gutters, finishing the book that's been on my nightstand for 3 weeks and of course, some two-wheeling. I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!

6 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Jim said...

My hubby just got his motorcycle and I take the Basic Rider class at the end of the month. So Yes Some gay guys and gals do like motorcycles.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm gay and I watch every one of your videos. It's sort of like taking a road trip with you through your hometown.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah mon frere, us 'mos love motorcyclists. Whether it be tight leather, faded denim, or the oh so dangerous and not advised, but every so sexy shorts, tee and flip-flops.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger The Persian said...

I wouldn't say gays are not interested in bikes, just some of us! lol I wouldn't seperate a thing, it's all you, why split personalities?

I thought the video of you in your outfit and helmut was very cool, but then again so are all your videos I've see thus far.

:)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Justin24601 said...

JS is such a fraud.

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oddly enough Dave, your little gay friend Trevor here in Hays, KS had a Kawasaki 750 for about two years in high school. I rode it to and from football practice so everyone would think I was more butch (I was a wide receiver and a tight end, I knew you were proud of me before you knew me Dave) But one ill fated day I was playing basketball with about 20 other people and rode off while everyone watched cause we were between games. Needless to say I lost control on a turn and went over a curb and landed IN the middle of a bush in front of God and everyone. So I told dad to sell it cause it was a dangerous machine. He thinking his son is still a "little girl" and me afraid I'd have an accident with more humiliation and scarring. Oh, and BTW, no one thought I was more butch. The end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home