Monday, September 11, 2006

Ratings My A$$

I have to admit I was reasonably proud of the video I made over the weekend about Kansas City. I actually spent a lot of time editing and researching facts (OK, except for the river part). All in all, probably over 3+ hours in the making. I'm the first to admit it's not Oscar worthy, but I felt good about the effort--all of my skills (camera, editing and dubbing) are improving. Over the first 30 or so viewers, I had a solid five-star rating and several positive comments.

But this morning, my rating had plummeted to just two stars (the rating of "Nothing Special").
Oddly enough, there were an additional seven ratings in a six hour period (rare to get so many in such a short time frame, especially overnight) all of which had to have been the lowest possible rating (one star--poor) to affect my overall score so negatively. Statistically, I find this highly unlikely. Personally, it seems completely fishy. Motorcycle haters? Homophobes? Geography snobs? WHAT???

But maybe that's just sour grapes.

The truth is, my video IS "Nothing Special;" I'll be the first to admit that. But where's the goddamn love people? Why not leave some feedback or something to help me improve? Or how about an extra star for effort? I mean, have you SEEN the kind of shit that makes up the collective YouTube database? I mean, do I really have to fart or burp the alphabet or be a 16 year-old girl jumping on her bed to get some f*cking kudos? What does it say about these f*cktards that a little visual history can't capture their rat-like attention span for a few lousy minutes? Christ, these people are frigging morons, and wouldn't know good video unless two washed up stars and a sassy British guy told them to like it. So f*ck all you YouTube haters. F*ck all of you.

There, now I feel better.

If you'd like to go salvage what's left of my fragile ego, please go rate my video. Oh, and if you already have, and you rated me something less than five stars, GO F*CK YOURSELF please leave me some constructive criticism so that I can ignore it do better in the future.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Pumpkin, please. Why do you care about what a bunch of 14 year-olds think of your videos?

I thought you were just using YouTube as a place to host them. I don't click over to THAT sight to watch them, I watch 'em here.

And to be honest, I was trying to comment on the latest yesterday, but Blogger had a shit fit, so I gave up.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I went to your video and gave it 5 stars :-) even if you wouldn't be my YouTube friend :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home