Monday, October 23, 2006

Random Thoughts #43

--After talking it over with my primary care doctor, I've decided that I'm going to try the "Cast/No Surgery" option with my ankle. While there is no guarantee it will heal, he recommended that I avoid surgery if at all possible. His comment: "Dave, you don't want a piece of metal stuck in your body for 50 more years." I agreed. Now I just need to call the ortho guy and schedule a date to get my cast on. Ya know, there's never really a good time for that.

--This afternoon I was sitting out on my screened-in porch enjoying the crisp but gorgeous fall weather. Normally I hear a variety of birds chirping away out in the back yard, which is always a welcome sound. But today there was a bird making a sound that reminded me of an infant choking on a hairball. And it was loud. And repeated every other second without fail. Where's that Daisy 880 when you need it?

--I'm afraid to admit this, but Friday very well may have been the last decent motorcycle riding day of the season. It's already hitting freezing temperatures here in the evenings, and it's not looking like it's going to let up any time soon. You're probably thinking that this is time for the bike to go in the shed, but you'd be wrong. This is really the time to go buy some winter riding gear.

--It is cold as HELL in my house right now. I need to reset all my thermostats to keep it warm during the day, too, since I'm working here full time now. I'm not sure I really ever announced that I'm doing that, by the way, so here it goes: "I'm working from home full-time now." When my boss resigned, they had me report to someone in our corporate office in Minneapolis, so I just decided to quit going into the office. No one even knows, or cares. As long as I have a telephone and an internet connection, I'm golden.

--If you haven't seen the show "Little People, Big World" on TLC, you should. It's a really sweet show about a family of six in Oregon, three of whom (including the mother and father) have dwarfism. At first I was a little hesitant to watch it because I thought it would be just about little people, but it's much more than that. The father has a unbelievably dynamic personality, and the rest of the family is just so adorable they make me swoon. Catch it if you can. I love it.

--I've always been moderately interested in going on a gay cruise, but never have. And in case you're wondering, I've never been on a heterosexual cruise, either. Recently my friend Phil and I were talking about the possibility of doing an Atlantis Cruise some day and came across what looks to be a fantastic trip from Buenos Aires to Rio. God, I just LOVE South American men. I told him that I'd heard rumors of it being nothing but a drug-induced sex orgy for seven straight days. Phil had heard the same, too, so we went ahead and ordered a brochure for more information.

7 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told him that I'd heard rumors of it being nothing but a drug-induced sex orgy for seven straight days. Phil had heard the same, too, so we went ahead and ordered a brochure for more information.
And it won't tell you that either. I'd suggest finding out for yourself.

And bring a condom. Or two... or three.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

I was thinking about RSVP's Alaska cruise in September 2007, but then I realized that it was the same as every other cruise by Holland America (it sails every week), but for $600 more as a gay cruise. A hundred extra dollars per day for gay limbo dancing and 24-hour Brokeback Mountain marathons, or whatever other "gay" things they do on gay cruises? No thanks.

Oh, and I have no one to go with. Details, details...

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger David said...

Yes, there is a good time for "that." It's called sooner rather than later. : )

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Michael Guy said...

Me and the BF did two RSVP cruises in the early 90's. Yes, to some extent they are floating bars. I don't even drink and my personal bar bill was $248 for the week. The experience is what one wishes to make of it. You can be in the middle of it dancing in your undies after midnight or spend the day sunning in a quiet spot removed from the blaring music. We enjoyed both trips despite my unknown penchant for sea-sick dry heaves. Make sure you know if you're afflicted with sea sickness before boarding; you should have a wonderful experience with or without the bed hopping. Take 7 swimsuits; you don't want to be caught dead in the same one every day. Har!

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your bike riding attitude, very cool approach! As far your favorite show, are they midgets or dwarfs? Dwarfs are kinda cute and hillareous to look at, midgets on the other hand are just like little people. Please clarify ...

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am thinking of taking a cruise myself...are most, if not all, gay cruise's turn into big orgies? Just curious...not a prude here but just like to know what I am getting on beforehand.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as your bird problem. Not on a bitter note that it took me four christmas' to aquire a stereo in which to play my Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation cassette. But for those previous three I required a BB gun, a 22, and a 12 guage. You are more than welcome to borrow my 12 guage and not only will you take care of the rare but annoying Hairball choking infant finch, but from experience at least 12 black birds in a tree behind it. I think I might need therapy, but after never hitting a pheasant most of the time growing up at grandpa's during the toll men hunting outings. My brother would reccomend unloading my shells on a bunch of defenseless black birds. I usually cried myself to sleep after shock of seeing them fall from the tree and shake until they died. Once again failing on all accounts to prove my butch worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home