Monday, November 13, 2006

A Blah Weekend

I had a pretty rough weekend. When I wasn't sleeping (which wasn't very often), I occupied myself by flip-flopping between feeling sad and feeling sorry for myself. I think I cried six different times in the last two days. And I hardly ever do that. My emotions are just completely on edge.

The first time I cried, embarrassingly enough, was during a show called "It Takes a Thief" on The Discovery Channel, when a mother cried over having her house robbed. I felt her pain. The next time was just an hour or two later watching "The Dog Whisperer" when a family's pet died of old age. I empathized. All the other times I was thinking about Jesse, either looking at his MySpace page, or chatting with a friend who hadn't yet learned of the accident.

The truth is, my feeling down isn't all about Jesse. We certainly weren't close friends, just casual acquaintances, really. But with everything else I have going on in my life right now--the cast on my leg, the inactivity, being basically trapped in my house most of the day, crappy weather, my job sucking lately, etc. It's a lot to deal with.

But today is a new day. I'm brushing myself off. Picking my head up. Keeping my chin up. Moving on. Trudging forward. Making the best of it. I'll keep on keepin' on. Not sure there's anything else I CAN do. All I know is that this too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass....

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, no matter how uneventful your everyday life is, there is always some excitement on xtube.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot "stiff upper lip".

And as far as Sorted and his soups... remember, he likes the "creamy" ones...

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Reviews For Jake said...

Remember to click your heels and say:
There's no place like after this has passed
There's no place like after this has passed
There's no place like after this has passed

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will totally own this is morbid, but i've been seriously down since moving here and have yet to pop out of it. One of my favorite movies to watch when really down is Girl, Interrupted. Not that you're suicidal and neither am I, but I love this line and it reminds me just to keep at least getting the basics done to get through life a "chop wood and carry water" kind of comment.

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
- Dorothy Parker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home