Wednesday, November 22, 2006

An Olive Branch

Dear Francine,

Thank you for your recent letter about the construction on your house. I wanted to send you a quick note to apologize for my fellow neighbor(s) and their reprehensible problem solving tactics. I had absolutely no part in the creation of the anonymous letter, nor have I ever spoken to anyone in the neighborhood about the subject of your home.

Obviously, like any good neighbor should, I support timely and unobtrusive construction projects to maximize the value of our neighborhood; however, having done considerable construction on my own home, I also understand that delays happen and that most of us do the best we can to get the job completed. I can only assume you are doing the same.

If for any reason you need my support in combating these cowardly objectors, I would be happy to lend a hand. It would be the least I could do to make amends for such an awful introduction to our neighborhood.

I wish you the best of luck completing your new home and look forward to welcoming you to the neighborhood in person.

Sincerely,
Dave

[Note: The only thing I hate more than messy neighbors is RUDE neighbors. This woman has got herself a new ally in the fight against obnoxiousness.]


5 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Very nice. I would bet that your new neighbor will be quite happy to read this. Hopefully there are other naighbors who will also try to make amends for the oh-so-rude neighbor who wrote the original note.

Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jess said...

You go, boy!

Seriously, you're being a good neighbor. Too bad that's a dying art!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!!!

You could be my neighbor any day! :)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

What a sweet letter! I have a very low tolerance for rude people, and anon was definitely rude!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad my neighbors can't see the inside of my place. I would get so many letters...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home