Monday, November 20, 2006

Reminiscing: Memorable Experiences

Just pondering some of life's little highlights...

--I sat two boxes away from Luciano Pavarotti at Carnegie Hall (Kathleen Battle performance).

--I held the door for Jack Nicholson as he entered the travel agency I was leaving.

--I climbed the highest man-made structure in the Yucatan Peninsula.

--I attended a wedding for 350 in the Grand Ballroom at the Plaza Hotel.

--I spent two weeks as training at the Olympic Training Center (Water Polo).

--I got a high-five from Matt Biondi after he broke an American record in the 50 free.

--I went backstage at The New York State Theater at Lincoln Center (Sound of Music).

--I coached an 8 year-old who at one point held the fastest 50 Breastroke time in the country.

--I spotted, rescued and resuscitated an 11-year old girl who had a seizure in the pool.

--I got to drive my Assistant, Mesha, to the hospital when her water broke in the office.


What are YOURS?

7 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - I can't compete with your list!

I bought a box of macaroni and cheese and got an extra envelope of cheese mix one time. It's the little things that mean the most.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My life has been such a waste.

Where are the razor blades??

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I met Joanna Worley once.

And Doug Henning.

And I worked with Lee Meriwether.



(Yes you do, look her up.)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Matt said...

That's a hard list to beat. The only two I can think of are waiting on Joanne Worley at a seafood restaurant in Bloomington, Indiana (yes, really) and meeting Joan Rivers at a Forbidden Broadway show in Manhattan - she autographed a Seagram's VO bottle for me.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed. Wait a second...no i'm pretty sure that was me.

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Jake Gyllenhall at the Ohio State/UT game this year.

I have known love.

I have realized how important my family truely is to me.

That's all I got. Maybe I'm boring.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was inside Tamarick Vanover's house several times while he lived there. He tipped me like $20 when I delivered $60 worth of pizza and wings to him and his bros (and their hos probably). Yeah, he's the guy who was playing for Chiefs and selling stolen cars on the side. After his business ventures went south, he ended up selling the house to my friend's brother (pure coincidence), but hey ... that's as close as I got to being among rich and famous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home