Friday, January 26, 2007

Supertwins, ACTIVATE

It started as a conversation with Tim about his career aspirations. As a professional artist and graphic designer, he was struggling with how to turn his passion into something that would consistently pay the bills. If any of you out there are artists and/or designers, you know how challenging that can be. As we talked, it was clear that his concern wasn't creating marketable designs, but rather his ability to develop and apply the necessary business principles to turn his talent into profit.

And then we got to thinking...

In my 12+ year career in Product Management, I've developed, launched, marketed and sold three different multi-million dollar lines of business (sadly, for other people's benefit, not my own). And in that capacity, I played an oversight role in all aspects of the business: strategy and planning, operations, finances, HR, marketing, networking/sales, client relationships and vendor management. Executing strategic plans and winning in the sales game is MY passion. Not to mention, I'll soon have quite a bit of free time on my hands once I leave my current job (not to mention the severance).

And then we got to thinking...

What if we combined Tim's "right brain" and inventory of proven designs together with my "left brain" business experience and access to capital? Is it possible that we could pool our core competencies and resources to start our own company?

And then we thought: YES. Yes, indeed.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Was it the "Supertwins" or the "Wondertwins" that would put their rings together? I get them confused.

I wish you both luck, of course. But with my own experience(s), I'd prefer to just go to work every day.

Sometimes that really is good enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home