Monday, February 05, 2007

Whirlwind

Wow, the last week just flew by. My apologies for not taking time to write; it was just that kind of week. First, a few highlights, then some pictures of the newly appointed office space:

1. Employment

Yup, it's official: I'm no longer employed. Thursday I had to go back into the office to return my laptop and finalize some paperwork, but it was much more pleasant than I expected it to be. Co-workers hugged me goodbye and teased me about being one of the "lucky ones" for having escaped the life-sucking
mega-corporation largely unscathed. Surprisingly, I felt no remorse as the elevator doors closed on that chapter in my life. I'm looking forward to new, if not greener pastures.

2. Romance

Also official is the fact that I am now smitten. Contrary to my standard M.O. of remaining perpetually single, I have convinced myself to venture into the previously-known-but-long-forgotten land of love. I'm definitely not there yet, but I'm going to give it a shot and see where this takes me.

3. Company

I'm not planning to divulge much about the business venture on which Tim and I are working. Suffice to say, we are moving forward full-steam ahead and not looking back. Next week we're traveling to Las Vegas for an industry trade show where we'll meet a variety of mission-critical contacts so we can put the finishing touches on our business plan and operating model. Cross your fingers for us...

4. Office

Introducing, the new corporate headquarters of ________________, LLC.


And finally (drum roll, please):


It's not quite finished yet, but it's at least presentable to the general public. I promised my Mom I'd make a little video of it as soon as I'm done with the finishing touches, so look for that in the upcoming week. Many, many thanks to Tim and Matt for helping me!

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck in your business venture. As far as your trip next week, no "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" please ...

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

I vote for CaseyBear, LLC.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Sorted Lives said...

The room turned out beautiful. Great job with the help of some wonderful friends.

Best of luck to you in your new ventures. I know where ever you go or what ever you do, it will be smashing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home